Sunday, August 9, 2009

Oh My Word. Three posts in one day lookie at me

Can't resist posting this. Recently a friend of mine slipped me a copy of the new Maxwell cd proclaiming "I can't believe the music that I'm listening to these days, but the new Maxwell record is fantastic". Well, just because you generally like indie rock or obscure art rock, that shouldn't mean that you don't like some good old r&b, especially if it is as well-crafted as this record is. Horn section love. Real musician love. It is so warm and gooey sounding you'd think you were listening to an album from the 60's playing on vinyl. I guess it has been 8 years since Maxwell released a record, and it seems it was well worth the wait.

I know one thing for sure. The sex scene in this video should be longer.

1 comment:

Patrick said...

I have to say, I love love love how many videos you're posting lately. Did I ever send you a link to Pre-Durst? It's a 90s video blog that I think you'd appreciate, if not always for the videos, for the guys HILARIOUS commentary. :)

Anyway, glad you're digging the Maxwell! :)