Thursday, November 27, 2008

Illustrator of the Month November - Pascal Blanchet

Pascal is a French-Canadian illustrator who knew from his earliest childhood days that he wanted to draw for a living. "I think it would have been impossible for me to do something else," he says. "Drawing is the thing I really love in life." Born in 1980, in Trois-Rivières, Quebec, Blanchet never studied art or drawing in school.

Blanchet has developed an award-winning illustrative style that has been embraced by international publishers and commercial clients. He also writes graphic novels. You can check out more of his work and find links to those novels here.

I just love the retro style, the evocative use of colour and the soulful expression of sound and feeling. I am foaming at the mouth to work with him soon! Here's some of his work:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: